I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This is Outrageous!

This makes me so mad, I could just spit.

Here's the thing. I heard on Fox news TODAY that David Cook has an independently released CD from 2006 and that you can download it at Amazon MP3. Also, it has been #1 for awhile now, even beating Mariah's new CD (in MP3 downloads). So, immediately I surfed over to the Amazon site and looked it up. I really wanted to listen to it and get a feel for the type of music he'd make. The news anchor said the album title was Analog Heart, but I couldn't find that or anything by searching David's name. Then I found this chat on Amazon's site for the missing album. Which led me to several other links, here they are:
(I put them in order of importance/interest. The first one's the one where you can actually listen to his music.)

http://www.davidcooktheamericanidol.com/music/
Hear the CD.

http://mjsbigblog.com/david-cooks-analog-heart-pulled-from-amazon.htm
Informative article. Other Idolers have had CDs sell while on the show!

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/entertainment/cant-keep-a-good-man-down-david-cook-on-american-idol-161444/;_ylt=AnulL_eI.CZvE4x2ku__VlV1bqU5
Some chick's Yahoo! blog.

http://www.last.fm/music/David+Cook
Info on what he's done.

http://www.rickey.org/?p=7716
Some guy's blog. Carly's and Kristy's previously released CDs are still available on Amazon... why?!


Cook was also in a band called Axium. He was the lead singer/guitarist. Those CDs are not available, but a few tracks are available for listening at that first link.

Apparently, the MP3s were pulled just days ago from Amazon.
Who else thinks this totally stinks?!

PS. I loved the music from Analog Heart. Everyone should go listen to it.


** To clarify, Cristin said she was confused as to what I am ticked off about, because we have been mad about this season being full of contestants that were previously signed to record labels ie; Carly, Kristy, and Michael. However, David Cook's CD was independently released, therefore he was never signed with a label as a solo artist, or with his band, Axium. The thing I am mad about is Amazon's pulling of his independent album, Analog Heart, for no apparent reason. Amazon and/or American idol is/are (a) big poo-head(s).


Update:

At this link there is a link to this article (by Roger Friedman at FoxNews.com) which is the supposed cause for the pulling of Analog Heart from Amazon. The guy that wrote it is a real moron and has none of his facts straight. This guy's response to the Fox article is hilarious, here's a bit of it:

Friedman is a little late to the “ringer” controversy. It raged months ago, when it was discovered that Carly Smithson, Kristy Lee Cook and Michael Johns had honest-to-goodness major record deals before they auditioned for Idol. David Cook is considered a non-ringer in the controversy. The fact that he released an independent CD two years ago that’s now available on rinky-dink Amazon mp3 downloads hardly elevates him to ringer status in my book. Nice, Friedman–making a mountain out of a molehill.

No comments: