I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

AI: Down to 8


Up-front prediction bottom 3: Carly, Brooke, Kristy.

Michael Johns: All right. Not as good as last week. I totally agreed with the "wannabe rocker" comments - he shouldn't try so hard.

Syesha: Had to pick another huge song. I'd never heard it before, though, so I thought she was actually pretty good this week. (I missed all of Season 3, I was in Brazil.)

Jason: I got goosebumps all 3 times that I watched his performance this week. Amazing, loved it, fantastic, wonderful! Finally!!

Kristy: Ugh. That was an insult to Martina. Her pitch is so off every week I think the judges just gave up.

David Cook: I half liked it, half didn't. I'm on the fence.

Carly: Hated it. Simon was absolutely right - it was a weirdly angry performance for "inspiration week". Too much yelling instead of singing. But, hey, she wasn't wearing stretchy pants. Hurrah!

David A.: I agree with Randy, the end with the runs was total magic. Loved him this week.

Brooke: I don't know what it was this week, but there was something weird and off about this performance. I didn't like it one little bit.


Favorites this week were definitely Jason and David Archuleta. Good luck to them! I think the results show is Thursday this week, but if it's anything like last year on Idol Gives Back week, then no one will leave and next week they will drop two contestants. We'll see.



Observations On Idol Gives Back Night:

Yay for the 'So You Think You Can Dance' kids!
Did Sheila E. knock over her cymbals on purpose?
Is it totally lame that I liked the Miley Cyrus songs? Especially the second one.
Is there no end to Robin Williams' craziness? Seriously. I feel like I'm on crack when I watch him.
What was with the hat that Brad Pitt was wearing? P.S. That tech-lady was hilarious.
'Daughtry' was the biggest selling band of last year? Really?
And, my DVR cut off during Mariah's performance, so who knows what I missed? Was it good?


Thursday's Kick-Off Show Notes:

Well, only Carly was correct from my prediction - and did you see her? She totally thought she was going home - and should have, too. I hate it when Mom is right... :P Plus, I'm uber sad to see Michael leave so prematurely when there are so many crappy girls left, ie: Brooke, Kristy, Carly, Syesha. Oh, that's all of them.. huh. Well, they all stink. And, I must add, Ryan Seacrest is a little yatch (as in bee-yatch). He just had to say, "Last year no one went home at this stage, but tonight we're saying goodbye to Michael Johns." Just had to bring it up and then let us all down. I'm starting to dislike him almost as much as Lindsey does... almost.

7 comments:

Lin said...

I agree with you 100%. I don't get why Kristy is still on here. Why do people like her? If they send two next week I hope it's Kristy and Carly.

Lin said...

also, i just realized what bugs me about Brooke. i liked her at first because she was good and bubbly - but now it's just all too predictable. She always picks the same type of songs (Carly Simon, Carole King, etc.) - songs that I love, but they are too similar. it's boring. the thing is she is so awkward on stage without an instrument that any upbeat, high tempo song totally throws her off. I think she's piqued. But you never know on this show.

Dee said...

I liked the David's and Syesha and Kristy were ok. Brooke......I agree totally with Lindsey-she is not good on stage. Jason has been ok in the past but I'm not sold on him. Michael,Brooke and Carly need to go-they are my bottom three.

stacey said...

Just did my weekly YouTube viewing of the contestants, and I think I agree with most of your observations. The only issue I had with Jason's song was that it really is a LOT like the original of that version. I guess I just don't think he sings all that well but it was still a good performance. And Brooke...she will probably not be around much longer unless she has a secret weapon song stashed away. We'll see...

Angie said...

Corynn - I happened onto your site by doing a "Falslev" search. I just started my own blog too - falslev.blogspot.com I must disagree about Jason though, he bugs me!! - (maybe it's because I think about all of the BUGS that must be in that sicko hair!) J/K

Angie

Mark and Cristin said...

yay for putting my baby registry on your loitering list!! Baby Rick's loves you :-)

Dee said...

o.k. so I was off by one....I'm a little surprised that Syesha was in the bottom- can't wait for next week!