I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

American Idol Top Six

I must say up front that I love Andrew Lloyd Webber's music, so I had really high hopes for this night. Oh, and on Ellen today, Randy Jackson said he thought the top two in the finale would be David A. and David Cook. Interesting.

Syesha: I wondered how she'd get down off that piano. I liked "One Rock 'N Roll Too Many". I think she sounded very good, but I do agree with Cristin's comment from last week - I wouldn't buy her CD in the end. She would be great on Broadway, though, and that's probably where she'll end up.
PS. Rickey Minor is really cool - especially in that hat.

Jason:
Initial reaction to him singing "Memories": Blech. Sing something up-beat!!
Reaction after him performing: Yep, didn't like it at all. Get off the stool.
PS. Paula needs to shut her yapper. She makes less and less sense as the years go by.

Brooke: Cute dress. I hated that she stopped the band and had them start over. She should have just kept going. That's the second time she's done that on Idol. The first time it was just her at the piano, though. I thought I might like "You Must Love Me" on her, but it was way, way, WAY over her head too big for her. I hated it.

David Archuleta: "Think of Me" seemed like a weird choice, but I ended up really liking the way he sang it. It definitely wasn't a Broadway-sounding song anymore - it could've been on soft rock radio like that.

Carly: I hate her colored tights. I didn't like this performance, not one little bit. She just yelled the whole time.

David Cook:
Initial thoughts: How is he going to change an Andrew Lloyd Webber song?? Cool necklace in the pre-performance video. (The little star.)
Post-performance reaction: This is definitely not his genre, but he worked it out. And hit that high note in the middle of the song spot-on. I will absolutely buy his CD when it comes out.

A lot of Phantom songs tonight. That's actually the show I know the least about. Oh well.
Top of the night: Syesha, David and David.
Bottom of the night: Brooke, Jason and Carly.

Prediction: Brooke will go home tomorrow night.

4 comments:

stacey said...

Jason singing "Memory" was definitely no good. It would be hard to do a song by ALW if you knew nothing about it. David C. got those high notes and they were great. Nothing really amazing happened I guess, but I did think Syesha was in her element. I think your predictions may be right and for the sake of being different I'll say Jason goes. (Though I think it could be Brooke also.)

Lin said...

Unfortunately I really think Jason could go...but his looks could get him through another week. Brooke has been down there the last couple of weeks, but you never know.

The more I think about it, the more I really liked David C. and David A.'s performances. I think I might actually have to get on ITunes and purchase some of David Cooks music - and that's saying a lot. I will be really really surprised if he doesn't win...and I think the judges would be as well.

And Paula is a loon. Seriously. She's just crazy bananas...and she gets crazier by the WEEK. Why they even let her speak anymore is a mystery to me. haha.

Dee and Bob said...

Brooke is expecting to go. it doesn't seem like she wants to continue - her heart is not in winning. I can absolutely do without Carly. The rest we will see next week I think. (I have said from the beginning that Syesha won't win but will be a hit on broadway, she has that kind of voice and stage presence).

Angie said...

Thanks for the update - for anyone with school age kids you know that this is "no TV week". Somehow they get them to convince their parents to do it as well... According to Tayler, "Technically mom, it is everything with a monitor so you really shouldn't be doing the blogging thing either this week." As the saying goes - when the cats away the mice will play. (I guess my kids are the cats and I am the mouse, although I may have that saying mixed up???)