I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Monday, April 28, 2008

Haunted Toys

About 2 or 3 weeks ago Jer and I were woken up at around midnight to the sound of Baby Einstein music coming from Clayton's playmat downstairs in the family room. There are 4 different setting on the star thing that makes all the noise: off, on, motion, and short play. I used to just leave it on the motion setting 'cause Clay kicks the star when he's lying underneath it. Until that night when it went off several times for no reason while still on the motion setting. It made me worry that someone might be downstairs, but then I realized that would be really dumb for a burglar to set that star off 3 times by bumping it over and over. We still don't know why it went off by itself, Jer had to go down and turn it to "off". Thanks, sweetie!



So, last week Mom bought Clay a new toy - this learning-puppy-stuffed-animal-deal. He's really cute and sings lots of songs and has cute sayings for every part of him that you squeeze. Clay is very entertained by him. Anyways, last night we had some friends over, so I cleaned up the blanket on the family room floor where I let Clayton sit and play with all his toys. I just wrapped it all up and stuck it beside the couch. Well, at 2am this morning I woke up for what seemed like no reason - you know how you feel like you heard something, but can't tell anymore when you wake up? I thought maybe it was Clay rustling in his crib, but no longer heard anything. I was concentrating really hard and thought I heard something again. I quietly asked Jeremiah if he was awake and he answered, "Actually, I am." "Do you hear that?" I asked him. As we were both listening intently I distinctly heard "Patty cake, patty cake! You're my best friend!" We both went downstairs and dug that crazy dog out from underneath the other toys and blanket. We may never know why that puppy decided to go off in the middle of the night just like that Baby Einstein star. Scary, haunted toys...


Ooooooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooo.

3 comments:

Dee said...

My theory is that Clay got up and went down to play with his new toy......got tired and forgot to turn it back off.;D

Ryan said...

you're going to need a young priest and an old priest...

Angie said...

OK Corynn, we have had those same things happen in our house! And it is freaky! Kenna had this little ride on pooh bear car, and it kept playing "Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh..." Shane went down to see what it was and he threw it outside it made him so nervous!