I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

American Idol: Seven Left

David A.: Sweet like always. Not loving him anymore, but he sounds really good. You know what I mean? 'Predictable' is I guess what I'm trying to say.

Carly: Meh. Some of it was pretty good. Some of it I didn't like. PS. Why was she wearing black tights with that dress instead of nude panty hose? Or even just bare legs would have looked 250% better than those weird tights did.

Syesha: I liked her a lot. I didn't know that song and I still really enjoyed it.

Brooke: Like Lindsey commented last week, she doesn't know what to do without an instrument, so she defaults to the piano or guitar when she knows she can't pull a song off. There was no way she could have taken on a Mariah song straight up. Ryan (my brother, not Seacrest) and I totally noticed that she got nervous and sped up towards the end. Not loving her, either. 'Predictable' is the buzz word here, again.

Kristy: Hate hate hate. Horrid. Yuck.

David Cook: Oh my heck. He is so fantastic. I loooooooved his version of Always Be My Baby. I love that song to death and I was kinda worried about his rock ballad take on it, but it totally worked and gave me chills and made me sigh in amazement at his wonderfulness. *Sigh*

Jason: I thought it was pretty chill. I didn't recognize the song, but I thought it was very cool.


My favorites this week, therefore, were David Cook and Syesha.

Who I put in the bottom 3: Brooke, Kristy, and Carly.


Of Note: On "Best Week Ever" (VH1) this week, they mention stupid Ryan Seacrest being a butthead to Michael Johns last week and what a horrible, horrible little man he must be.


Added: I have to say that personally, I think Carly and Kristy should be the next two to go because they BOTH already had record deals and .. hmmm... they both flopped! Big surprise.


Wednesday:

I really liked Jason's opening part from "One Sweet Day".

I almost cried at the end of Elliott's performance.. I didn't know his mom died! She was so sweet during season 5 watching him from the audience... so sad.

How gay was it that Ryan put David Cook in the one group and then switched him? I knew there was no way he was in the bottom 3 and that Kristy had to be.

Kristy: "Hey, I made it past the top ten." Yeah, write a nice thank you note to http://www.votefortheworst.com/, girlfriend. Coincidence that this was the exact week that Sanjaya left last year? I think not. Vote for the Worst can't get people into the top 6. So, goodbye and good riddance to Kristy.

PS. Help settle something, everyone please weigh in - when they send one of the bottom 3 back to the 'safe' zone, does that mean they have more votes than the other two? Or do they just randomly send one person back?

10 comments:

Lin said...

i wholeheartedly agree with everything you said - except i still don't really like syesha. she doesn't suck, she just doesn't do it for me.

as for who i want to see go - i could stand to see brooke perform another week - kristy and carly have long over-stayed their welcome. blech.

also - i was totally waiting and hoping that someone would do "Always be my baby" and was so happy when David Cook did it and made it even more awesome. I think he is actually my favorite, even though his "look" still bugs me. He just is so good.

Dee said...

I know you don't like Kristy Lee but I thought she did a fair job. I agree with Brooke and Carly...they will be in the bottom but I think that third spot is up in the air.

CORYNN AND JER said...

No, she was off most of the time. She just can't even compare to the talent of the others. Only reason she's still on is because of www.votefortheworst.com

Angie said...

I agree with you this week Corynn! I think I am hoping for Carly to get off - she seems the most predictable to me of all of them. Something about the way her face scrunches up when she sings loud, she just looks angry - I'm afraid she might punch someone at any moment. I actually do KINDOF like Jason - but why does he always sit on the stool? Don't most people sing better standing up?? Also I loved your comment about the Sam's Club episode! LOL

Lin said...

"Kristy: Hate hate hate. Horrid. Yuck."

This makes me laugh a lot. It's funny cuz it's true.

Mark and Cristin said...

I agree with everything except Syesha...she is so predictable and I could NEVER buy her CD and listen to her scream song after song after song....therefore, she should just go, nobody will buy her album, NOBODY!!!!! :-) phew-I am glad I got that out.

Dee said...

FINALLY

Adriana Romanini said...

I agree with your comments and the comments above.
My favorite: David Cook. (and his looks don't bother me at all).
David Archuletta has a wonderful voice, but he's still very young and has to improve his stage presence.
I didn't know about the votefortheworst thing - now that I do I understand why Kristy Lee is still tormenting our ears every week.
I still don't know the results - I don't have a TV, but I'll find soon. ;)

Adriana Romanini said...

And tormenting Kristy Lee is out. Next week will be sooo much better.

Lin said...

okay, not only did Ryan put David Cook in the obviously bottom 3 side - he did it the day after his brother who has cancer was in the audience and after reiterating how emotional this week was for him. It was kind of just mean to let him think he got so few votes for half the show.

and thank heavens Kristy Lee is gone.

I was thinking about the bottom 3 safety thing too. I think it's votes. the person with the highest of the low votes gets sent back. I think they do the bottom 3 that way for suspense (ie: to drag out the results show) but also so the audience and contestants know who is really in danger from week to week.

finally, i totally was talking at my tv last night watching this. ryan sent david cook to the right (the bottom 3 side) and i said, "What!? Are you kidding me?!" i was seriously worried. haha.