I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Saturday, April 5, 2008

In Loving Memory

Yesterday we said goodbye to our second dog, Sandy. She turned 14 years old this month. Here is a picture of her when we first brought her home with Shelby, our first dog.



Sandy lived with Cristin and I when we lived in the townhouse together here in Logan. And when I got married, the first summer Jer and I were together he traveled a lot and was gone for a week at a time. I would borrow Sandy during those times and she'd keep me company alone in the house and sleep on the bed with me.



She was a barker, but a great walker - until she got tired - then she'd sit down and have to be carried home the rest of the way! (No wonder she was always a little chubby...) She had an awesome silky, reddish coat but hated to be bathed (she pooped in the tub during her first bath - it "scared the crap out of her").



I used to take her to see Cristin play soccer - she'd sit on my lap and keep me warm. Somewhere along the line, we discovered her hatred of the song "Lovin' You" by Minnie Ripperton. You could sing any line of that song and she'd immediately freak out and start barking her head off. See Cristin's blog for more pictures and stories.



She was our sweet little Twinkie and she will be missed.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

I'm sorry to hear about Sandy, she was such a sweet dog!

Lin said...

That is so sad to hear! She was a good dog and she did look remarkably like a twinkie.

Adriana Romanini said...

Puxa, vocês devem estar tristes... mas ela estava tão velhinha, né.