I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

American Idol: Top 9


Note: I wrote all my comments while listening to the contestants sing, before any of the judges spoke.

Brooke: Good. She's very consistent. I liked the arrangement.
David Cook: Cut his hair - very hot. His performance was also hot.
Ramiele: Better than previous weeks. Still boring.
Jason: He's all right. Sounds the same every week and shows nothing special in his voice.
Carly: Her outfit was hideous. She sounded good, but I still don't like watching her sing.
David A.: His voice is very pure and sweet. I thought it was very nice.
Kristy Lee: She's definitley a country singer. Still nothing fantastic about her voice.
Syesha: I KNEW she'd sing I Will Always Love You. Duh. Her hair looked like crap. She did all right by the song. PS. American Idol Number 1. No-No: Singing Whitney, Christina, Mariah, etc. All contestnats should know this by now.
Michael Johns: His voice sounded so sexy on this song. I did not dig the ascot. Loved the performance.

Prediction: Syesha goes home tonight.

Thursday:
Cristin called it this week. Bye-bye to boring Ramiele. Is anyone really that disappointed?

PS. I can't believe Carly was wearing stretchy pants AGAIN. She really can't pull them off. Get some real pants, girlfriend.

4 comments:

Dee said...

I think Brooke might go...I'm not sure she has a big fan base.

CORYNN AND JER said...

No way. She hasn't been in the bottom yet. What makes you think she doesn't have a big fan base? I think all the LDS are voting for her.

stacey said...

Brooke is different than all the others when the judges are making their comments - it's kind of funny. She really tries hard to be their friend, like telling Paula she likes her hair was weird. I liked her song though. We'll see what happens this evening...dun dun dun....and you're right about the cardinal rule of AI. Seriously, unless you are Whitney, you don't do Whitney on that stage or any stage.

P.S. We are definitely weird, and not ashamed of it. :) haha

Lin said...

i'm glad Ramiele is gone - I haven't ever really liked her. She seems a little too needy - too emotional. blah.

Brooke was in the bottom three - I think America is getting tired of her...probably mostly because how she reacts and how she is with the judges...and she is so consistent, it's getting a little boring. Kind of like Jason Castro.

Right now my favorites are David Cook, David A. and Michael Johns - two of which I didn't like at all when the show started. David Cook's hair really bothers me. But this isn't a hair style competition, thank goodness.

Also - I really just don't like Carly. She makes horrible faces when she sings and she wears ugly clothes. Her voice just doesn't do it for me.