I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Sunday, March 2, 2008

American Idol Week 2

This week I was very surprised by two of the kick-offs, but satisfied with the other two. So, here's what happened with the boys:

Jason Yeager was the first to go Thursday night which was very fitting. He blew both weeks. This week he sang a faster-tempo song, but it was horrific. He was off pitch a lot and his dancing really was like a drunk person at a wedding (as Simon would say). Unfortunately, Luke Menard is still on the show even though he did a terrible job once again. He sang "Killer Queen" and we hated it. I can't tell what type of singing this guy wants to do. Sadly, Robbie Carrico was the other guy who left the show this week - I felt like he deserved a spot in the top 6 guys, but probably wouldn't have made the top 6 contestants. I totally agreed with Simon when he said that his whole rock persona seemed fake, because it did. He would have been better off doing more pop-oriented songs because his voice really was more suited to that genre. He did always sound good, though. This week he sang "Hot Blooded" and at least he was on pitch! Oh well. The two stand-outs this week in the boys were David Hernandez who sang "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" and David Archuleta who did an amazing version of "Imagine". David H.'s performance was really full of energy and he totally rocked it. David A.'s song was beautiful and emotional and every note was right on. Loved them!

The first girl gone this week was Alexandrea Lushington. Now, I don't think I even mentioned her in my last post because she is totally forgettable. She really had no personality. Her singing was average. However, the second girl to go was Alaina Whitaker which totally disappointed me. I really liked her voice and she seemed shocked to leave, as well. She sang "Hopelessly Devoted" this week and it wasn't awesome, but it wasn't bad either. The girl who was really bad this week was Amanda Overmyer. She really can't sing unless she's yelling like Janis Joplin. None of the girls did awesome this week - everyone's song choice was bad, with the exception of Brooke White. She sang "You're So Vain" this week and played her guitar. She sounds a lot like Carly Simon, so it was a smart choice and she nailed it.

Okay, so here are the updated top six boys and top six girls predictions:

BOYS:
David Hernandez
David Archuleta
David Cook
Danny Noriega
Michael Johns
Jason Castro (PS. He better not play the guitar again.)

GIRLS:
Brooke White
Ramiele Malubay
Asia'h Epperson
Syesha Mercardo
Kady Malloy
Carly Smithson

So, that means that this last week I think Chikezie, Luke Menard, Amanda Overmyer and Kristy Lee Cook will all go. At least we can only hope...

We'll see if I'm right or not!!

1 comment:

Lin said...

i agree with you. i don't like kristi lee cook - i don't like most of the girls this season - but i think she should go home this week. i like your top six predictions. Although I think it could be anyone in the girls side - very few of them are really standing out to me...and if they do stand out it's usually because I don't like them (ie: Kristi, that girl who didn't get voted off this week whose name i can't even remember i just know i don't like her, etc.) So far I just like Brooke...and the top six guys you predicted.