I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Thursday, March 20, 2008

USU Comic of Yore

Back in the day when I first started going to Utah State University (2000) there was this comic strip in the USU newspaper that cracked me up every day. (It might have started in 2001, I'm not positive, but regardless.) It was mainly about life on USU campus. And it's funny 'cause it's TRUE!!! I saved 5 of the funniest ones and hung them on my fridge in the townhouse. However, when I got home from my mission and pulled them out of storage I found that they were yellowing quite a bit. So, I thought I'd put them online just in case they ever got really messed up, so at least I'd have a picture of them! I'll put captions since they are a bit hard to read. (I've edited the grammar and misspellings 'cause I'm OCD like that, okay?!) The first one is the only one that looked better with a flash. By the way, the comic was called "Day in the Life" and was by Daniel Callister - who was gone by the time I got back from my mission in 2005 - sad.




(it snowed really bad on the way to school early this morning...)
(but when I got out of class all the snow was gone.)
(all the kids with later classes were walking in the sunshine. I felt ripped off.)



(I think if I had to learn to play an instrument I'd choose the shotgun.)
(and if anyone tried to are that the shotgun isn't an instrument, I'd just remind them who has the gun.)



(feet are a lot like our hands, but they're not as popular because thy're so far away.) (hm.)
(I think the reason we have 10 fingers and toes is in case we get in an accident and lose 9, we can still have one.) (...that's deep.)
(hand rhymes with grand.) (wow.)
PHALANGOSOPHY 101



(i hate Box Elder bugs.)



HOW TO LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT: PART 1
MONDAY:
(how ya doin'?) (fine.)
WEDNESDAY:
(how ya doin'?) (fine.)
FRIDAY:
(hi.) (fine.)

*****************************************************************

I laughed all day about the Box Elder bug one, and if you've ever lived in Logan (especially somewhere without air conditioning) then you will totally understand that one!

Helpful Hint: If you click on the picture, it will open up in a window and enlarge. That makes it easier to see if your screen is small like mine! :-)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

you should laminate them and keep them as funny comic magnets. maybe? they'd last quite a long time that way.

also - i hate box elder bugs.