I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Weekend

Friday Cristin, Mark, Ryan and I all went and saw "Vantage Point" which we all really liked. It's the one where the President of the United States gets shot in Spain and you see the scenario from 6 different points of view. It was really interesting and unfolds as it goes along. Plus, Crissy and I both agreed that Dennis Quaid is very cool and is not in enough movies. Then we dropped Ryan from our party and picked up Jer. (Clay was at his Grandma Falslev's, by the way.) Once we got Jer we headed over to a different theater to see "Penelope". That's the one with Christina Ricci where she is cursed with the nose of a pig. It was pretty cute and had a lovely moral. (It's not the power of the curse, it's the power that you give the curse.) I'd probably give "Vantage Point" an "A-" and "Penelope" a "B".

So, yesterday Jer, Mark, Cristin, Clay and I all took Ryan down to the airport for his trip to Hawaii. (Hopefully he made it, nobody told me one way or the other...) While we were down there we decided to meet Stacey and her husband Jeff and son Jacob for lunch at the Macaroni Grill in Salt Lake. We dropped Ryan off at about 10:15 so we had about an hour to kill before the restaurant opened and it was a beautiful sunny day so we walked the 3 blocks to Temple Square. We went in the newly renovated Tabernacle and listened to some organ music for a bit and then heard the mini-presentation of how good the acoustics are in that building. (A sister missionary stands up at the front podium while everyone is in the far back and she drops pins and talks facing backwards, etc.) Then we headed back to the restaurant, but first Cristin took a picture of the three of us in front of the Assembly Hall. It's pretty cute, but there's a shadow on one half of my face that makes it look like I am missing a front tooth, but be assured, I am not.



Today was Derek's (Jer's cousin that served in Indianapolis) homecoming talk in his ward in Millville. So, we went to his ward and had lunch at Aunt Angie and Uncle Curt's (Derek's parents) house afterwards. That's when Jenny took this picture of her and Clay with her phone. He looks annoyed, it's funny.



On a sad note, just as we were about to leave for Millville, Jer got a call from his brother Chris telling us that their Grandma Falslev had just had a stroke. She was taken down to McKay-Dee hospital in Ogden after a quick assessment at Logan Regional Hospital. We don't know too much right now, but are hoping everything will turn out okay. She just turned 80 years old about a week ago. Sorry to end on a depressing note, I'll post more when I find it out, hopefully it's good news!

1 comment:

Mark and Cristin said...

I'm sorry to hear about Jer's grandma - that's a scary thing. And FYI - Ryan made it safe and sound, check out his blog for confirmation.