I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Friday, March 21, 2008

Favorite Movies (Be prepared, there are a lot!)

So, here's my long list of favorite movies. These are movies that I could watch over and over. If you haven't heard of some of them, look them up and try them out!

SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY
eXistenZ
Gattaca
Ghostbusters I & II
Hook
Independence Day
Labyrinth
The Matrix
Men In Black
Neverending Story
Princess Bride
Return to Oz
Stardust
Star Wars IV, V, VI
Transformers
Wizard of Oz


MUSICALS/ANIMATED/CHILDREN’S MOVIES
Across the Universe
Aladdin (Disney)
Anastasia
Anchors Aweigh
Brave Little Toaster
Bye Bye Birdie
Cars
Chicken Run
Chipmunk Adventure
Enchanted
Finding Nemo
Hairspray
Ice Age I & II
Mary Poppins
Meet Me in St. Louis
Meet the Robinsons
Moulin Rouge
Mulan
Muppet Christmas Carol
Newsies
Prince of Egypt
Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer
Robin Hood (Disney)
Singin’ in the Rain
Sister Act II

Sleeping Beauty (Disney)
Smurfs and the Magic Flute
Toy Story I & II
Treasure Planet

CHICK FLICKS/ROMANTIC MOVIES
Bed of Roses
Chocolat
Circle of Friends
Ever After
French Kiss
The Holiday
It Could Happen to You
Keeping the Faith
Love Actually
Music and Lyrics
Must Love Dogs

Never Been Kissed
The Notebook
One Fine Day
Pretty Woman

Return to Me
Sabrina
Sliding Doors
The Tender Trap
Truly, Madly, Deeply
When Harry Met Sally
While You Were Sleeping

ACTION/ADVENTURE MOVIES
Air Force One
American Outlaws
Batman Begins
Boondock Saints
Gone in Sixty Seconds
Indiana Jones I & III
Jurassic Park
The Mummy I & II
National Treasure
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Rush Hour
Three Musketeers (Disney version with Charlie Sheen, Keifer Sutherland, Chris O’Donnell)
Tremors
Twister
US Marshals

COMEDY
A Christmas Story
A League of Their Own
About a Boy
Bandits
Bend it Like Beckham
Better Off Dead
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey
Billy Madison
Bridget Jones’ Diary 1 and 2

Bring It On
Clean Slate
Devil Wears Prada
Dick
Drop Dead Gorgeous
Empire Records
Groundhog Day
Happy Gilmore
Happy, Texas
Hitch

Legally Blonde
Mean Girls
Mickey Blue Eyes
Miss Congeniality
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Office Space
Old School
Sandlot
Scrooged
Wedding Crashers
Zoolander


DRAMA
A Beautiful Mind
Amelie
Being John Malkovich
Catch Me If You Can
The Client
Dave
Fight Club
Gladiator
L.A. Confidential
Le Divorce
Life as a House
Life is Beautiful
The Man in the Moon
Memento
Music From Another Room
Punch-Drunk Love
Shawshank Redemption
Stranger Than Fiction
The Talented Mr. Ripley
That Thing You Do
Wonder Boys

SCARY MOVIES
The Game
Hocus Pocus
Monster in the Closet
Sixth Sense
Sleepy Hollow
Wait Until Dark


And by contrast; the most horrible movies of all time (that I've seen):

Alex and Emma
Alfie
Autumn in New York
City of Angels
Closer
Duets
Eye of the Beholder
From Justin to Kelly
Hammers Over the Anvil
Hollow Man
Jakarta
Stir of Echoes
The Watcher

5 comments:

stacey said...

Just reading through that I thought of so many good movie quotes. I remember when we went to see The Sixth Sense, and I still remember the day I made Jeff watch Return to Oz with me. I bought it a few years ago before I was married because I loved watching it at your house growing up. Jeff wasn't so much of a fan, but I think it is classic. :)

Sadly, I have not seen many of these movies you listed. Maybe I'll have to take a trip to the library and check out a few...

Lindsey said...

Jakarta. Ha.

also - Mickey Blue Eyes is pink and all the others in that list are orange. That bugs me. Fix it.

CORYNN AND JER said...

fix-a-rooney

Lin said...

much better. :)

I've also decided you need a better picture of me on here. that one from Freshman year is tres cute and one of my favorites - but it's from Freshman year. I'm just sayin'...

Lin said...

i texted you back about the sash and the milk - i don't know what movie it is. sorry. it must have been haley. did i spell that right? it could have been me who watched it with you, but it could be such a ridiculous movie that i erased it from my brain. haha.