I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back to Clay

So, I went 6 posts and 10 days without posting something about Clayton, but these videos cannot wait. (I hope it's not too soon, Cristin.) :P

This first video is Wednesday morning (the 26th). Clay got up early and I just put him straight into his swing, cause Jer and I weren't ready to get up at 6am. I got back in bed and the next time I checked the clock it was 7am and I hadn't heard a peep from Clay, so I went to check on him and this is what I found. (Sorry it's so dark.)

That's his glo-worm in his lap - remember those? They still make them. I loved mine.

The story behind the next two videos (both filmed last night) is probably the funniest thing that has ever happened to me. Ever. Okay, so I had been watching Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader before Jer got home yesterday and the dumb guy I was watching didn’t know how to spell "lizard". The question was like 2nd grade spelling and went as follows: "How many "z"s are in the following word?" And then Jeff Foxworthy said "lizard". Well, the guy said it had two z's and locked it in. Of course, it only has one z. I thought he was so stupid and was telling Jer about it when he got home and before I gave away the answer I asked Jer how many "z"s he thought there were in the word "lizard". Now, as a side note, spelling is not Jeremiah's forte - he's more of a math/history person. So, he said, "Are there 2 or 3?" At that very moment Clay busted up laughing, unprovoked by us - he had just been sitting on the bed playing with some toys in front of us. He just thought is was hysterical that his Daddy thought there might be 3 z's in the word lizard. Seriously, he laughed harder and longer than I'd ever heard him. I took these videos right after – he was starting to get tired and gets in silly mood at the end of the day. Enjoy!

So, needless to say, Clay will come to me with English homework and go to his Dad ONLY with math/history/science homework. :) (Sorry, Jer, I had to tell the story!!)

8 comments:

Lin said...

i like how he laughs so hard he falls over and then he can't get back up. haha. that laugh is adorable.

and maybe you can use clay's spelling homework to teach jer. haha.

Mark and Cristin said...

where would all those "z's" even go??? Sky View Highschool English class leaves a lot to be desired aparently. Good thing Jer has many alternative strong points :-)

stacey said...

I am the speller in my house also. Jeff is a great writer but I have to edit many things. That laugh is so sweet. Jacob is just starting to get into humoring himself and he'll laugh out of the blue. It is so fun. Hooray for a post about Clay!

Dee said...

Thank Heaven we are back to Clay!!!!! These are the posts that interest me!!!! Love, Love, Love that sweet gigggle. (yes, there are 3 g's in gigggle)

Mark and Cristin said...

hmmm...Mom maybe needs to work on her counting. I see 4 g's in her "gigggle"

Mark and Cristin said...

p.s. I am embarassed that on a spelling post my comment has "apparently" spelled wrong. Let me explain that this is simply a typo where I missed the second "p".

Adriana Romanini said...

Cute! Love it.

Dee said...

Sure Cristin, "typo". Stick with your story.....;)