I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Saturday, June 28, 2008

First Pool Party

Clay will be 10 months old tomorrow! We can't believe how time flies.
I bought a 'Paradise Lagoon' (inflatable pool) at WalMart on Monday and today Jer and I inflated it and partially filled it with water. We actually filled it with hose water initially, but I stepped in it and seriously could not feel my feet after 30 seconds in the water. I didn't think Clay would like that at all, so we came up with an awesomely ghetto way to fill the pool with warm water. First, we emptied out all the icy hose water. Next, we put the pool under the kitchen window and popped out the screen. Then we used the screen to hold up the kitchen sink faucet as it sent hot water into the pool. Nice. Here's some swimming video and pictures. Notice the ghetto set-up in the last two pics.






Video!

7 comments:

Dee said...

Cutest ever!!! The pool is perfect and I do love the ghetto setup for the water - very innovative!

Megan said...

I would think the term 'clever' more than ghetto ;) and you probably have a much happier baby as a result of warm water instead of cold....so props to you!

Mark and Cristin said...

I would call that "creative" not "ghetto". I'm lovin' Jer's farmer tan though :-)

Peter and Emily said...

That is a sweet way to fill up the pool, and much faster than any other method we've tried! Looks like you had a lot of fun. Thanks for coming over to play tonight.

Destination Davis said...

Ghetto Fabulous!!! I love it! Swimming in the summer is the best way to beat the heat!!! Good thinkin' mom and dad! ;)

Mark said...

Dang! . . . Clay is cute!

Adriana Romanini said...

Loved it!