I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Thursday, June 12, 2008

SYTYCD: Top Twenty

I just watched yesterday's episode on DVR. Here are my thoughts:

First off, I think a Courtney or Kourtni and a Chelsea or Chelsie need to go - too confusing!
Also, I forgot how annoying Mary is. She's so screechy.
Tons of Contemporary dancers.

Rayven and Jamie: A Ballet dancer and a West Coast Swing dancer doing Hip Hop
Whoa, his pants coming down did not need to happen. I wish they had hit things a little harder and they weren't completely together sometimes. I agreed with Dan's comments.

Susie the freaky teacher and Marquis: A Latin dancer and a Contemporary dancer doing Smooth Waltz
Looked pretty smooth to me, but I know zero about ballroom technique. The lifts were beautiful. See, Nigel just said they messed the last lift up - I had no idea.

Kourtni L. and Matt: Two Contemporary dancers doing Jazz
I thought it was hilarious that they said that together they're 12 feet tall. I love Mandy Moore's choreography and music selection. I thought they did a good job. I like them as a partnership a lot. I disagreed with Nigel about Matt.

Chelsea T. and Thayne: Two more Contemporary dancers doing the Cha Cha
I thought she looked really good - I would've thought her genre was Ballroom. You don't notice the guy as much in a routine like this, but he was good, too. Another good partnership.

Chelsie H. and Mark: A Ballroom dancer and a Contemporary dancer doing Contemporary
Mark's solos are crazy! He's very innovative. Ouch. Mia was harsh on Mark during rehearsal.
Mia's choreography is always hit or miss with me. This was pretty good. I thought they did well.

Kherington and Twitch: A Contemporary/Jazz dancer and a Hip Hop dancer doing Broadway
Twitchington - Ha! She lost feathers all over the stage off her dress. I don't know if I felt a real connection between them as partners, but I thought they danced well.

Comfort and Chris: A Hip Hop dancer and a Contemporary dancer doing the Jive
Comfort's funny. I loved this routine and I thought they smashed it! They're at the top of my list right now.

Katee the cry baby and Joshua: A Contemporary dancer and a Hip Hop dancer doing Hip Hop
At least they acknowledged they're cry babies. This hip hop routine was better performed than the first one. Again, I didn't feel them together as partners, really, but the dancing was good. They were much better synchronized.

Jessica and Will: Two more Contemporary dancers doing the Tango
I don't remember Jessica at all except for her misspelling "Vegas". That was funny.
I thought they had lots of chemistry, but I didn't love the routine. I also noticed the 'wobbling' on Jessica's part that Nigel pointed out. I thought that Will outshined Jessica by a fair bit.

Courtney G. and Gev: A Contemporary dancer and a B-Boy doing Disco
Disco can be good or boring. This routine was so-so for me. They were all right. They're a cute couple, though. Meh.

So the couples in trouble will probably be Courtney G. and Gev; Jessica and Will; Rayven and Jamie. Possibly Kourtni L. and Matt.

Thursday:
Wow. I was right about the bottom couples! Bye-bye to Rayven and Jamie. Not a big loss, I don't think. At least all the couples are still the same since they got rid of a partnership.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I just got done watching SYTYCD. I agreed with who they kicked off, out of the people that were put in the bottom 3 anyway. I think there wasn't really a BAD dance on Wednesday, but some weren't awesome. I think most couples still need to kick it up a notch...maybe I think that because they are each only doing 1 dance right now, I want them to do more. Or maybe it is because I don't feel like I REALLY know the dancers or care about any of the quite yet, like I did last season.

Have fun in Cancun! I am super jealous. Are you guys taking Clay with you as well?

Destination Davis said...

I LOVE SYTYCD!!! This is my first year watching it, and hello!!! I'm in LOVE!!! I agree, the pants coming off was ridiculous. And I wasn't sad to see that team go! I'm thinking about cutting my hair like Kourtni Lind's? Whatcha think? Have fun in Cancun!!! I'm jealous!!!