I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

SYTYCD: 16 Dancers

Kherington and Twitch: Hip Hop
I totally enjoyed this routine - I liked the whole 'prison break' concept - cute! I also liked that they lip-synched some of the words of the song. It was way fun.

Courtney and Gev: Rumba
What's with the half-dresses? Last week Kherington had half a dress on, too. Weird. I guess the dancing was good. Meh.

Comfort and Chris: Jazz
Ummm... all right? I hated the song.

Jessica and Will: Disco
Disco is such a hit and miss genre... I'm not sure if I liked this one or not. It seemed like they forgot some choreography at one point. I don't think I like Jessica very much. Will is a cutie, but Jessica seems like a dope. She should get the boot and he should get a better partner.

Kourtni and Matt: Contemporary
Okay... how freaky was that choreographer?? I did think the routine was fun, though. They danced well.

Chelsea and Thayne: Quickstep
I forgot about this variety of dance. I think it's my least favorite style. Yep. I guess it was okay?
P.S. I loved the song they danced to last week - "Untouched" by The Veronicas - I ended up buying it on iTunes.

Chelsie and Mark: Hip Hop
I got goosebumps during this routine. I think they're my favorites.

Katee and Joshua: Samba
What?! Another friggin' half dress?? Her hair looked really awesome. Pretty good routine. I liked it. I like them as a partnership. Even though Katee's still not my favorite person.

Bottom three prediction for this week: Chelsea and Thayne, Jessica and Will, Comfort and Chris. Who I think should actually go home: Jessica and Thayne or Chris (they are very similar to me, either one could go).

Thursday:
Shoot. Kourtni and Matt instead of Jessica and Will... Now I have no idea who the judges will cut. I'll have to see their solos first to guess.
Thayne picks good songs for his solos. Comfort is good - they'll keep her. I think Thayne's dancing was better than Chris'. Kourtni was better than Chelsea. Matt's was way cool.
Okay, I'd say that Chelsea and Chris should go. And the judges pick...
Chelsea and Chris!!! I rule! Good choices. They had the poorest solos, for sure.

4 comments:

Lin said...

i don't watch this show...but they all have weird names. well, most of them have weird names. that bugs me more than it probably should.

Megan said...

I LOVED LOVED LOVED Chelsie and Marks' dance. I think they are definitely one of my fave couples too. They are just so unsuspectingly good each week. I too think the half dresses are little weird...but what it weirder is how the judges spend their time telling these girls how hot they look while wearing them instead of talking about the dance.

Last year Pasha and Sabra did an awesome quick step routine...but last nights was anything but.

Good comments and predictions...I agree with them all.

Mark and Cristin said...

Totally agree - the hip hop routines were the best of the night. I love this show.

Megan said...

I got my swim suit from Shade Clothing. I love it. The top is long and the bottoms come up a little higher (which is great for me cause then it doesn't hit in the wrong spot and cause the muffin top). I actually got it last year and it was cheaper than they were this year. Here is a link - 2x a year they have a huge sale at Thanksgiving Point and you can get stuff super cheap, even when they are out online...just FYI.

http://www.shadeclothing.com/Product/Womens/Modest/Swim/Balboa_Swim_Top