I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Clayton Milestones and The Host

So, while Jer and I were in Cancun and in the few days we've been back, Clay has hit a few more milestones in his little life.
Firstly, the day we came home (June 21st) is actually the day he started to crawl! Since then he has been perfecting the motion. He gets up on his toes instead of his knees half the time. Now I really have to keep an eye on him! Today, in the living room, he crawled over to the bookcase and pulled all the video cassettes off the bottom shelf. He had a blast doing it, too! I'll be sure to get it all on video soon and post it.
Also, he can now go from lying down position to sitting up position all by himself! That's quite a talent and gives him a lot more freedom when he's playing on the floor.
Thirdly, Clayton is now completely proficient at picking up Cheerios, Kix, etc and shoving them into his awaiting mouth. However many are put in front of him that's how many he'll fit into his mouth! I'll add updated Clay videos by the end of the week.

So, while on vacation in Cancun I had plenty of time to read Stephenie Meyer's new book, 'The Host'. It came out May 6th, but I saved it to read while on vacation and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Instead of vampires this time Meyer has written about aliens who take over human bodies like parasites. Cool. This story has the same easy flow as the 'Twilight' series, so if you liked those books, you'll definitely like 'The Host'. Read it!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah for Clayton! That is fun.

I also read 'The Host' last week. I couldn't put it down. I liked it a lot. I liked that it wasn't as heavy on all the romance and makeout sessions as 'Twilight' was - don't get me wrong I liked those books too...I just sometimes wanted to gag with all the mushy stuff.

Dee and Bob said...

I told you I would teach him to crawl! But I'm glad he waited till the last day!!!!;D

Stefanie said...

I'm coming to Utah, I'm coming to Utah! Whoop! P.s. Go Clay! Just wait til he starts walking!

Destination Davis said...

Busy Bee!!! Just you wait, my dear!!! I'm just now finishing up Twilight....I HEART STEPHENIE MEYER!!!