I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Monday, June 23, 2008

SYTYCD: Top 18

Is it just me or is Mary getting oranger every week?

Chelsea and Thayne: Jazz
I hated Chelsea's outfit. I didn't think there was much to this routine. Boring. I agreed with the judges - no chemistry. Ha - Nigel just said he hated their clothes, too.

Chelsie and Mark: Argentine Tango
Ow! How did her toe pop out? She has a tiny pinky toe. I enjoyed the routine, overall.

Jessica and Will: Hip Hop
They weren't together all the time. I liked the choreography. They were all right for me. I agreed that Jessica is a weaker than Will.

Kourtni and Matt: Foxtrot
I liked that a lot - I totally believed they lived in the time of Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire, etc. The lifts were cool. And that one fall she did - that takes trust!
P.S. Jamie- your hair would look cool like that!

Courtney and Gev: Contemporary
That was really good. I thought they had a lot of chemistry.

Katee and Joshua: Broadway
I don't like Broadway very much, but they had tons of energy and really killed it. I don't like Katee very much, but she's been dancing really well.

Susie and Marquis: Salsa
She was very stiff. There wasn't enough fluidity in the routine for me. The turns and spins looked like they were overthinking them. Not good.

Kherington and Twitch: Viennese Waltz
I hate Celine Dion. One side of Kherington was naked - that dress was weird. I thought the dancing was nice. It looked more contemporary than waltzy to me.
Jamie - your hair would look cute like hers, too.

Comfort and Chris: Krump
Half the song was bleeped out. I didn't see any real krumping - looked like normal hip-hop to me, but what do I know? She was obviously better than him in this style, but he pulled it off. All in all it felt way too soft for krumping.

Okay, my guesses for the bottom three are: Susie and Marquis, Chelsea and Thayne, Comfort and Chris. And now I'll watch the kick-off show and see if I'm right!

I'm right! I swear I didn't peek - I'm just a really good guesser. :-)
I wouldn't mind seeing Susie and Marquis both going - I'm about to find out.
Yup, right about Susie. See ya.
And also right about Marquis. Hmm.. they kicked off couples two weeks in a row. Interesting.

I'm excited for tomorrow's show!!

2 comments:

Lin said...

you're home! yay. back to blogging! :) looks like you all had a great time.

Megan said...

I agree with it all. I should have wrote on my blog just because I liked the dance, doesn't mean I liked the dancers...like Katee, I don't know why I can't get over what happened when selecting the top 20...she drives me nutso! But not as bad as Mary. She IS getting more orange each week, with more make up on her face and less clothing. Her voice is annoying enough now she has to be worse to look at? Blah!