I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Friday, June 6, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance

As previously promised, I am blogging about this season (4) of SYTYCD. Enjoy my insights, everybody.

As of last night we have our Top Twenty dancers. A few people I really liked during the auditions didn't make it; like that Evan guy. He was good.

What was with the drama-rama this year? Especially the end of last night's episode when the final spot came down to those two roommates and the one girl said she wouldn't come back again next year if she didn't make it this year and that "shook the judges faith in her" and they re-voted. Thankfully, she still made it, cause she was the better dancer. But, how dumb was she?

I just remembered a few more dramatic-happenings while discussing last night's show with Crissy.
1. The really-cool-popper-guy who gave up at the very start after realizing he couldn't do the choreography at all. Nigel actually called him up to the front and made him do his solo and all the judges praised him and gave him positive feedback and encouraged him to at least try. Then they asked him if he still wanted to go or if he would at least give the choreography a shot and he didn't even hesitate - "I want to go." Quitter.
2. The blonde-tapper-chick who had to "correct" Nigel when he said he thought she looked mentally stressed. All the judges had really liked her and were going to put her through, but then she had to go off on some stupid thing that had no bearing on her dancing. And she went on and on and on and on and on.... good grief! Then of course they all disliked her and she got cut. Dummy.
3. That Jeremiah kid messing up his choreography and then leaving the stage while everyone else was still dancing. Then when he came back onto the stage he actually stamped his foot like a child. Tantrum much?

So, next week the real competition begins. I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

I agree with it all. The tap dancer, I can see why maybe she started to justify herself. But they told her to just listen...they gave her a little warning and she decided to keep on talking. SHUT IT! I am excited for what next week will bring. It is always amazing how much these dancers improve in just a the few weeks they are on the show. And my favorites always change once we get to know them a little more.

And sorry to Jeremiah about the whole name thing. I totally knew that was his name...I must have just spaced it..actually I am just a ditz..no excuses. Speaking of, is your hubby still in school? Is he still persuing civil engineering as well?

Mark and Cristin said...

Next week will be when the good stuff starts - the auditions go by so fast it is hard to remember or get to know too many people. I think I like this show better than AI.

Destination Davis said...

LOVE IT!!! It is my first year watching, I am excited. I myself started a dance class last week...I'll let you laugh about the thought of me dancing for awhile....