I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Thursday, July 17, 2008

SYTYCD: Top Ten

As Megan informed me earlier this week, Jessica is out of the competition and Comfort is back in. Wow, Jessica just informed us that she has 2 broken ribs. Well, okay, that's a good enough excuse.
The top ten is the point where the public gets to cut the worst boy and girl instead of the judges. The contestants get votes individually instead of as a couple. It's also when the couples get re-paired randomly. Also, everyone does a solo to show off what they can do in their own genre of dance.

Courtney and Joshua:
Hip Hop - The whole "Frankenstein" theme was funny. I liked it. I like Joshua better than Courtney in general, but she worked it.
Rumba - Really good. Very sexy. Loved it.

Chelsie's solo: She's Latin/ballroom, which is really hard to pull off as a solo. It was kinda flat for me, but I still adore her.

Twitch's solo: Hip Hop. He's good. He's also a favorite of the fans, I think.

Kherington and Mark:
Country Two-Step - OH man, it was awful. It looked sloppy, awkward, and like they were concentrating very hard on remembering the steps. Yikes! Even I noticed a lot of the missed hand grabs and spins. I thought Mark was better than Kherington, like Mary said. You know, in the 3 seasons I've been watching this show, this was the first time I ever thought "Ouch, this sucks" while watching a performance.
Jazz - A hundred thousand times better than the first dance. I liked it pretty well. Nothing sensational, though.

Gev's solo: B-Boy style. Shut. Up.

Katee's solo: Contemporary. So much contemporary dancing... it's very flaily. She's good, I guess.

Comfort and Twitch:
Smooth Waltz - I thought it was nice. I didn't see much actual waltzing, though. Uh-oh, the judges hated it. Comfort will probably be going home AGAIN.
Hip Hop - I figured this would be good... and it was! Terrific.

Courtney's solo: Contemporary. I hate Celine Dion. It was aight.

Will's solo: Contemporary. Very strong. Lovely.

Katee and Will:
Broadway - It was kinda dull for a broadway routine. And why did he spit at the end? Ew. It was just okay for me.
Pat de Deux? (Ballet) - Beautiful. Bravo. Just the one small error, but who cares?

Mark's solo: Contemporary, I guess. He's so quirky, but I dig it. Very cool.

Kherington's solo: Contemporary? Boring/blah. She doesn't have the same pizzazz the other gals have.

Chelsie and Gev:
Contemporary - I liked it a lot. Great song. Is it just me or does Gev seem creepy in those video clips of the rehearsals?
Jive - That was fun. I thought they were great. Fire!

Comfort's solo: Hip Hop. She's good at what she does, but all her solos have looked the same to me.

Joshua's solo: Hip Hop. I'd forgotten he was a hip-hopper! He's great.

I forget for sure, but I think there are still 3 bottom girls and 3 bottom boys at this point.
Prediction Bottom Girls: Comfort, Kherington and Courtney.
Prediction Bottom Boys: Gev, Mark and Twitch. (That third spot is hard to call. And I adore Mark, but that two-step with Kherington is gonna hurt him. I also think Gev is great at what he does, but is sub-par technically.)
Everyone is so good now, it's hard to lose anyone, but I think Comfort and Gev will have the lowest votes. I also have a feeling that Mark could go tonight too, which would make me very sad. I guess we'll see tonight!

My guess for the final four are the four I didn't put in the bottom this week:
Katee
Chelsie
Will
Joshua
And I think it will come down to Will and Joshua.

Thursday:
Kherington and Gev are gone. Hmm.. Kherington really lost it without Twitch as her partner. I figured Gev would go because he's really only great at his own style. Next week I bet it'll be Comfort and Mark.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Okay so the 2 step that Kherington and Mark did was painfully bad. Just B.A.D. But I still didn't think it was bad enough to send her home. I though for sure Comfort was going to go. The hip hop dance she did with Twitch was pretty sick, but I agree with you, her solo's are nothing spectacular and always look the same.

I thought that Mark was going to go home and not Gev. I like Mark's quirkiness, but I really wanted Gev to stay - his solos were always the best. He is the olny one Ross really likes and wanted him to win. Oh well.