I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Saturday, February 23, 2008

AMERICAN IDOL

Now, I know everyone cares what I think about AI (because I'm always right about who will make it to the top) so I will recap my thoughts after each kick-off. You are welcome.

Week One:

Garrett Haley and Colton Berry were the two boys voted off this week. Now, I didn't think either of them would make the top 6 boys, but I didn't think it was Colton's time to go. He did a pretty good version of "Suspicious Minds" (not nearly good as Chris Daughtry's version in Season 5, though!). He probably didn't get the votes he needed because of his lack of air-time up till now in the season. Garrett, however, was blah and I didn't care that he left so soon. The two that sucked it up big time this week and deserved to get the boot first were Jason Yeager and Luke Menard. Total suckage. Frankly, I can't even remember what they sang, just that they were both slow songs and incredibly dull performances that didn't sound that great, either. Hopefully they either A: Do better this week; or B: Get kicked off this week. Also Chikezie could have gone this week without hurting my feelings - he wasn't very good, his suit was ugly, and no one likes it when you back-talk Simon. Come on. (Oh, and how pompous is it to drop your last name? Who does he think he is, Madonna? Cher? Please.)




The girls that were voted off this week totally deserved it. I agreed with the two that were removed from the competition. Amy Davis was the first off and boy did she ever deserve it. How terrible was her rendition of "Where the Boys Are"? She was off from the first note to the last. Yuck! My other choices for the second girl vote-off were Kristy Lee Cook - who sang a lack-luster version of "Rescue Me" and Joanne Borgella who sang "I Say a Little Prayer". Joanne was the one who was voted off even though her performance was slightly better than Kristy's. Meh.



So, to cap it up; after the first week's performances my top six boys would be as follows:


David Cook
David Archuleta
David Hernandez (3 Davids, just to be uber-confusing.)
Robbie Carrico
Michael Johns
Jason Castro or Danny Noriega (I haven't decided yet, let's see what this week brings.)




Top six gals:


Alaina Whitaker
Asia'h Epperson
Brooke White
Ramiele Malubay
Syesha Mercado
Kady Malloy, Carly Smithson or Amanda Overmyer (Again, I need another week to feel this one out. There has been a lot of hype about Carly, but she was sick last week and didn't sound so awesome. Also, she pulls weird faces when she sings which is kind of annoying. Amanda is the rocker, so she will probably have a following and Kady has a nice voice, but picked a bad song last week, unfortunately. They should always go with a more up-tempo song the first week, duh!)



So, those are my predictions as of now. We'll see how I do after this week and I will post again with my thoughts and further predictions. Again, you are very welcome. :-)

No comments: