I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

American Idol: Season 8

Comment time! Hurrah!! So, FYI, I type all comments during their performances, so I am not influenced by the judges remarks at all.

Jackie Tohn: I think she thinks she's a better entertainer than she really is. What was up with the Grease pants? The top half of the outfit was cute, but the pants and the shoes were yuck. I don't think she sounded very good.

Ricky Braddy: He sounded pretty good, but Elliott from Season 5 sings that song better. I think he over-sung it just a touch. He's gonna be hurting for votes, though, cause they didn't show him hardly at all until now. I agree with Simon - he doesn't have much charisma.

Alexis Grace: I don't think the song she chose showcased her voice very well. I remember liking her a lot before, she has a great voice. Hated the lipstick.

Brent Keith: I sort of remember this dude. Oh yuck. Hated his performance. Hated the song. Hated the way he stood and pointed with his hand. Boo. Maybe he has a good voice, but you couldn't tell. Agreed with Simon: very forgettable.

Stevie Wright: Whoa, she seemed really nervous. Wow - really bad. She was off the whole time and sometimes you couldn't even hear her. Poor girl. And why the 80s outfit? I liked her from before, but she's definitely not ready to be a star.

Anoop Desai: I for sure remember him. I really like him. Give him a gold star. He talked a little too much at the end, though.

Casey Carlson: Umm.. don't dance. Hated the facial expressions. Oooh.. another bad one. Wow - she's awful!! I can hardly believe they put her through. Horrible song choice, performance, and vocals. Good grief - what the crap was that? Goo.

Michael Sarver: I like him. Good. Perfect song for him.

Ann Marie Boskovich: I loved her from before - I hope she's good. Hmm.. nothing really special about that, though, performance-wise or vocals-wise. She played it a little safe. I do, however, still like her.

Stephen Fowler: I actually liked him a lot more than I thought I would. Nice job. I disagreed with the judges in general on him this time.

Tatiana Del Toro: Oh boy, here we go. She's a nut. The low parts weren't great. I didn't love the song, but she wasn't terrible overall. What kind of artist will she be? Impossible to tell from that performance. It was weird how different she seemed...

Danny Gokey: I love, love, love him. So fantastic. I'll be downloading that from iTunes. Only one of the night worth the download. He's got top 3 written all over him.

So, the 3 I'd like to see go through tonight would be: Danny Gokey, Anoop Desai and Ann Marie Boskovich (she deserves a second chance). Others that I wouldn't mind seeing in the top 12 would be Alexis Grace, Michael Sarver or Ricky Braddy. Overall this night was pretty blah. Danny was the only one who really impressed me. He's a star.

PS. Who else saw Neil Patrick Harris and Ted Danson in the audience? How funny.

Kick-Off Night:
I was pleased with the people who got picked for the top 12. It was Danny Gokey, Alexis Grace and Michael Sarver for those of you who didn't see. I bet Anoop will be picked for a wildcard spot. After watching the episode again I am glad Alexis was the girl who went through and not Ann Marie. Alexis just has more range/variety to her voice. It was so obvious that the producers of the show saved Tatiana for last to see what kind of craziness she'd do when she didn't make it through - poor, nutty girl.

3 comments:

Mindy Brown said...

I agree, my favorite is Danny Gokey. Some of the contestant really stunk it up last night for sure!

Mark and Cristin said...

I'm not super impressed with the selection so far this year... I hope the next group is better. I do, however; love Danny as well. He is so easy to listen to.

Adriana Romanini said...

Jackie Tohn was mimicking Mick Jagger. lol. I'd never seen anyone try that before. It was entertaining. lol... wouldn't it be interesting if Mick Jagger was watching her? hahahah... I'd like to see the expression on his face.
As to Alexis Grace lipstick, she went for the pinup girl look. Go figure, uh. What a voice. I liked her best.