I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Thursday, February 26, 2009

AI Week 2

Jasmine Murray: Too low at the start. She has a good voice, but I thought she overdid it - the song is supposed to be simple. She looked cute.

Matt Giraud: They didn't show much of this guy up until now. He sounds nervous and I can't understand the words. I think he's way better than that performance - too bad for him. He didn't pull it off.

Jeanine Vailes: Also don't remember her from before. Uh-oh - she's totally off-key right from the start. Ouch. Very karaoke. Wrong song, completely. Too many runs that were so unnecessary.

Nick Mitchell: Do his parents think he is a nut? He's hilarious. He can't live without Doogie - hahaha. (Neil Patrick Harris in the audience again.) He's entertaining, but not American Idol material. Just an okay voice.

Allison Iraheta: I can't believe she's 16. I like her a lot. That was good - great choice of song for her.

Kris Allen: Another one I don't remember. Meh. I'm indifferent on him - he was good, but there was nothing special about his performance. He's cute.

Megan Joy Corkrey: She has a strange voice - I wonder how she'll sound tonight. She looks way different from before. She does have a lot of quirky movements while performing (Cristin told me that), but it makes her interesting. Good song for her. Very Duffy-ish.

Matt Breitzke: I love this song. Good choice for his voice. Performance was lacking power/passion. Slightly boring. He's pretty good vocally, though.

Jesse Langseth: Another song I love. Same as Matt - good vocals, boring performance. Too much talking, though. She looked great.

Kai Kalama: Nope, I hated it. Wrong song, not great singing either. Boo.

Mishavonna Henson: I wasn't buying her as this kind of artist, but she has a nice voice. That's it, she was kind of forgettable. Good singing, though.

Adam Lambert: He's definitely more of a seasoned performer, but I'm not a fan of his voice. I hated the screechy bits.

Okay, so my votes for the 3 I'd like to see go through would be: Megan Joy Corkrey, Allison Iraheta and Kris Allen. I wouldn't mind seeing Mishavonna Henson, Jesse Langseth or Matt Breitzke going through. However, I do think Nick Mitchell and Adam Lambert are probably going to go through - boo.

Results Night:
Okay, so overall I was thrilled about the people who went through tonight. Adam Lambert, Kris Allen and Allison Iraheta. Adam does have potential, I just hope he doesn't perform the same way every week. From this group I do still hope to see Megan Joy Corkrey or Jesse Langseth as the wildcard pick.

No comments: