I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Thursday, August 7, 2008

SYTYCD: Final Four

Courtney and Twitch: Hip Hop - It was cool when she walked over and jumped off him. It was a fun routine, I liked it. Chelsie would have done it better, but whatever. :)
Courtney's solo: Same old, same old.
Katee and Joshua: Contemporary - Wade Robson's stuff is interesting. I thought it was pretty good - that style isn't my cup of tea, but they danced it well.
Courtney and Katee: Broadway - What the crap were they wearing? I thought it was pointless. I didn't like it at all. I felt myself wondering how much longer they were going to flounce around the stage... yawn! Mandy Moore is insane - she thought the costumes were 'beautiful'? Goo!
Twitch's solo: It was good. Entertaining.
Joshua and Twitch: Russian Dance (Trepak?) - The height on Joshua's jumps is freaky. This was a strange routine. It hardly seemed choreographed. It just looked like they were trying to out-do eachother, which I think was the point of the routine. It was hilarious. Loved it.
Katee's solo: Yawn.
Katee and Twitch: Foxtrot - Great music. Twitch looked a little stiff at first. Overall, though, I thought they really sold it. It was lovely. Twitch did look fancy in that suit.
Joshua's solo: He's awesome. Love that he got on the judge's platform. Ha.
Courtney and Joshua: Jive - It was defintely high-energy. I thought it was pretty good. Not my favorite, though.
All four dancers: Contemporary - Why kilts? It was okay. Poor Courtney and Joshua looked exhausted compared to Katee and Twitch.

I can't wait for tonight's show. I love when they re-dance the best routines of the season. One I for sure hope to see again is Chelsie and Mark's hip-hop dance to "Bleeding Love". Also, the Bollywood routine would be fun to see again. I'd also bet they do the ballet number again and the Mia Michaels 'Door' routine to "Mercy" by Duffy.

Okay, predictions. I think Twitch will win. I think Joshua is the more talented, but Twitch is the more popular. The girls are there just cause they have to have girls. Katee is talented, though, she can really do anything. Courtney has always been blah for me.

PS. Megan, do you remember last year when all the dancers did the same routine to "Waiting on the World to Change"? I forget why they did that.. something about the war? Just something I remembered just now and couldn't recall what the point was. I remember that Pasha wasn't good, though!

Thursday:
Well, I loved the show. I thought it was an awesome finale. The dancing was all great. It was interesting to see Mary do her thang and Nigel get his tap on. And I adored seeing all the past 'stars' of previous SYTYCD seasons do that big number near the end. And how psyched was I that JOSHUA won it!? He's an unbelievable dancer and totally deserved it. I also thought it was way cool that they gave Katee $50,000 for being the 'top girl'. Nice. The popping-dance-off was fun, but I'm with Mia and liked Phillip's dancing more than Roberts'. Overall, it was a phenomenal show and the best man won. Hurrah for season 4, now bring on season 5!!! :-)

3 comments:

Adriana Romanini said...

I've just watched Clay's recent videos. He's sooooo cute! I loved the sausage one. ahahhahahaa

Megan said...

So I just watched the finale last night because I was in Bear lake and I LOVED it! I was happy to see a lot of my fave dances again and the dance with the previous contestents from other seasons - LOVED LOVED LOVED. I heart Travis and Neil. Anyway, I also thought Mary and Nigel dancing was a little interesting - but they did surprisingly well. I am sad that Josh won though cause I really liked Twicth more. Although I really wish it were Will winning.

I totally remember the Wade Robson dance everyone did. Every time I hear 'Waiting on the World to Change' I think about it. I think they were hoping that in everyone doing the same dance you would really be able to tell who was the best - you know in case some people are just unlucky in the dances they draw out of the hat - hello quick step? But I think it back fired and it just got really old by the time 16 people had performed it, especially since probably only 3 people put any of their own style/uniqueness to it...which is probably why they didn't do it again this year ;)

Speaking of Wade - that rabbit dance was whacko. I kind of liked it, but it was weird!

Maury said...

I agree with you and Mia also... Philip was the better popper.