I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Monday, December 3, 2007

Recipe

So, my Mom is in a recipe club and last week they had a meeting at her house and the next day Cristin and I were forced to try one of the items that was made. We were a little hesitant at first, but it was quite delectable! Cris and I are going to make it for relatives for Christmas this weekend and I thought I would share the recipe with ya'll. We're going to throw it in some decorative tins and give it as gifts. Cristin actually posted it on her blog too, but I'll add it as well!

Cracker Candy

What you need....
Saltine crackers
2 sticks of butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 12 oz package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (or any other nut you prefer)

Directions...Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet (one with a lip) with aluminum foil. Place saltine crackers side by side to fill up cookie sheet (may have to break a few to fill in the holes) Meanwhile, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat on stove. When mixture begins to boil, continue boiling for three minutes on medium heat. DO NOT STIR!
Remove from heat and pour this mixture evenly over the crackers. Place in pre-heated 400 degree oven for 7 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over sugar/butter mixture. Place back in oven for 1-2 minutes to allow chips to melt. Spread melted chips evenly to edges, covering all portions of the crackers. Sprinkle chopped pecans over top. Place in freezer until hard. Remove and break into pieces & enjoy!! Be sure to store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Sounds so good! Michaels has some cute decorative tins right now - or cute holiday chinese food containers. We got the chinese food containers b/c i think they were like a dollar and we figured it would be different and better than a lousy old plate. anyway, have fun baking!