I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Hold Me Tight

Well yesterday Jer, Clay and I all went over to Cristin and Mark's house and made that delicious cracker candy. (We had to make it sooner than planned because Cristin ended up going visiting teaching today.) Before we made the candy, however, we went over to Michaels to get some decorative boxes to put our tasty treats in. We ended up getting those awesome chinese take-out boxes with many different holiday designs on them. (Thanks for the tip, Lin!) Anyway, we took Clayton with us because Jer was busy writing a paper and Mark doesn't watch babies. It was about 9pm and Clay was getting tired, but he has a hard time falling asleep by himself. Thankfully, I have a few secret weapons - the best one being a song from "Across the Universe" that he loves to hear. It's called "Hold Me Tight". Did I mention that the louder you sing it the better he likes it? So, that's what I did all down the aisles of Michaels in search of the holiday chinese take-out boxes. It was for a good cause, though. And it worked! Fussy little Clay was able to relax and fall asleep in his car seat as I sang to him. Oh how little embarrasses me now that I'm a mom!!



1 comment:

Lin said...

your welcome for the tip! :) they really do make for neat gifting boxes. also - your baby is so cool, he's already appreciating good music. and lastly, i can't tell you the embarrassing things i have done in public just to make adam happy. singing through stores, dancing in the check out line, chasing him around a car in a dealership showroom. as long as they aren't crying, i say it's worth it.