I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jer Was in an Accident...

Mom has the pictures I took of his truck in the tow yard posted on her blog if you want to see the damage.

It happened at 11:00am this morning as Jeremiah was headed to Ogden for work/school. He was at the mouth of Sardine canyon in Wellsville when he hit some icy rain and black ice and lost control of his truck and spun into the oncoming traffic and was hit by a minivan on the passenger side. We don't know how the minivan people are doing - just that there were no fatalities (thank goodness). Jer's injuries include an L5 fracture (lower back), bruised liver, and a concussion. He was admitted to Logan Regional Hospital after an ER work-up at about 3pm today and will be staying overnight at least one night... hopefully not more.

Thank you all for your concern in advance. Clay and I are being well taken care of and will keep you updated on any new information about Jeremiah's condition.



Update: 1/23/09


Jer is staying in the hospital again tonight - the doctors have been concerned about his kidney function, but things are looking better and one doctor said that as long as things continued getting better tonight then he will be able to come home in the morning. He was up walking around twice today and they started him on solid food at lunch time. (He was very glad about that.)

We also found out that there were 2 people in the minivan that hit him - an elderly couple. They were sent down to McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden with some broken bones, but as far as we know they are still okay.

Here's some more pictures of the truck and one of the minivan that hit him (it was on the front page of the Herald Journal today).







That's it for now - I'll let everyone know if/when Jeremiah comes home!

Update - 1/25/09

Jeremiah was able to come home yesterday (Saturday) morning. He is sore, but only needs help to sit-down or stand-up. He walks without assistance. We'll be staying at Mom and Dad's house for a few days. The doctor said the fracture should heal itself in 6-8 weeks (just in time for Jer to help me with Baby #2...). Hopefully things will be back to normal soon. Thanks again for all your concern and well wishes!

10 comments:

Angie said...

Corynn, SO SCARY - I am so glad that he is alright. Doris called... sometimes messages from her aren't real "clear". I debated calling you but thought I would wait a little bit. So I am relieved that you posted. That ice/rain was amazingly slick today! Please let us know if we can help with ANYTHING!

Stefanie said...

Crin! OMGosh! I just looked at the photos on your mom's blog- the truck is terribly mangled. I'm so glad Jer is doing ok. I hope he's not in the hospital too long and he gets better real quick. I think your family has angels working overtime to keep you all safe!

Megan said...

AAAH! Was this today? If so I saw it on the news and I was scared because I drove the canyon today. I am so glad that everyone involved will be okay. I heard they are planning on doing the barriers through the rest of the canyon. That will be such a good thing since so many accidents cross the lane of traffic. You guys will be in my prayers. Keep us posted!

Peter and Emily said...

That is so scary. How is he doing? If you need anything call or come on over.

Camille said...

I am so sorry! I am glad he is doing ok, all things considered. The weather was crazy! My aunt, cousins, and grandma hit ice, too and rolled their vehicle. If you need anything, let me know.

stacey said...

Hi there, I am glad Jer was not too badly hurt. Those pictures your mom posted are unreal. I have been thinking about you guys all day today and hope you've been able to have peace despite the scariness of it all. I'll try giving you a call on Saturday. Love, Stacey

elkgrandma said...

Glad to know that this was no more serious than it was and that there were no fatalities, this is just to close for comfort for you guys, thank heavens you and /clay were not with Jer at the time of the accident. Hope he is feeling better today and home again. He is in our prayers.

Megan said...

I am glad he is home, doing well and the future looks bright. I am glad that your family lives so close so they can help out tooand what a great family they are! I hope he gets better fast!

Destination Davis said...

Hi sweetie! My mom and dad told me, how terrible! Let us know if we can do anything. We love y'all so much, thank goodness all is well. You are in our prayers.

Tracey and Steve said...

Our love and prayers are with you! God's hands cradled Jer while the cars slipped and slid! What a miracle! Catch our hugs!