I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Things I Want to Remember...

Here are the words Clayton says (and actually associates them correctly) as he approaches his 14 month birthday (tomorrow).

ball
book
dog
bread
cheese
hi
gone
Daddy
Momma
more
shoes (oosh)
butt (referring to his diaper)
"dadoo" (his mystery word)
that (dat)
this (dis)
fish
Kix
uh-oh
juice
Daq
cat
car
for horses/giraffes he makes a clip-clop noise
for cows he moos (boooo)
for monkeys he goes "ooo-ooo, ah-ah"
for lions he ROOOAAARS!



Here's a list of cool things Clay does now:

He's walking like a champ.
He's a pro with a sippy cup.
He likes to put things in their spot - like putting his cup back into its holder in the stroller/high chair. He also is into putting his rings back on the stand and playing with his Tupperware Shape-O toy.
He understands us more than we think. On Saturday, Jer asked Clay to bring him his pants so he could get him dressed after a diaper change. Clay went right to his pants and toddled them back to Jer and let him dress him.
He's great at throwing/rolling a ball back and forth.
He dances and bops whenever he hears any music.
He can now slide down off our bed/couches by himself.
He knows to go down the stairs backwards.
I don't cut up his sandwiches anymore - he just takes bites (albeit HUGE bites!).
He stands up without pulling himself up on something.
He waves goodbye.
He's basically a genius, I know.

Also, here are some pics from 9/10/08 of Clay and Cristin at the park.




Friday night (10-24) we took Clayton to the American West Heritage Center corn maze. Jer carried him a lot of the time, but he loved to be down and walking through the pathways himself. It took us 54 minutes to get through it - good thing we took a flashlight! A lot of people were using their cell phones as makeshift flashlights. After the maze we stopped by the Opera House where there were fun Halloween stories being read by a witch! Clay loves a good story and was content to sit and listen to two of them. When the stories were done we hopped on the horse-drawn wagon and headed back to the parking lot. They had other stuff there that Clayton was too young for. Such as: a blackout maze - you had to feel your way through it; and a kids mini-maze that they had to crawl through. Fun place!
Tomorrow comes the announcement of Baby #2's gender! Hurrah!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

What a cute lil' guy. I need to be better at writing down when Anna starts doing new things. I have completely lost track of when she started doing animals noises, words and the like. It goes by so fast! Good luck tomorrow. Is that even the appropriate thing to say? I can't wait to see what you are having!