I can't believe that I found you, fate did a number on me. If you end up with my arms around you, it's meant to be. Well, maybe my crazy is showing, but baby I'm hooked on your touch. But wherever my life is going, there ain't no rush. 'Cause wherever you're goin', I'd like to go too, if you don't have anything better to do. I'd love to spend some more time together, so what are you doin' between now and forever? I'll take the blue with the gray days, I just pray the road will be long, 'cause if I'm beside you there's no way I can go wrong. - Bryan White

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Clayton's Birthday Celebration

We had Clayton's 2nd birthday party Monday night (his birthday is Saturday, though) and it was a total success!


Ridiculously awesome Yo Gabba Gabba cake: (No, I didn't do it, my friend Camille did...)



Yum!



Opening lots of fun gifts:

End of a big day in my new YGG pajamas:
Jer and I got him 6 fun balloons that he is still playing with. He got 8 plush YGG dolls (3 of themsing), 4 books (he got "The Monster at the End of This Book", "Where the Wild Things Are" and 2 YGG ones), Lincoln Logs, some money, YGG pajamas, 2 little wind-up toys, a Sesame Street lunch box and my Mom made him an amazing cape. (Pics of the cape are forthcoming.) I think that was it! He made out like a bandit for sure!!
I also took lots of video that I will post separately later.
Clayton is doing such fun stuff at age two. He speaks in nearly complete sentences. He sings along with our favorite songs at bedtime. He is sweet to both Owen and Wesley. He plays pretend with his toys. He colors, plays with play-doh and likes to build things. He is super good in Nursery. He loves puzzles and reading books. He can count to six (no lie). He climbs up playground equipment and goes down the slide all by himself. He's hilarious and we love him tons and tons!!!

4 comments:

Lin said...

awesome awesome cake! so much fun! and clay has gotten taller. i can't believe he is two!

Dee and Bob said...

He really lights up my life!!! Love this little guy - Happy, Happy birthday Clayton ! ! ! I think he was a little overwhelmed by all the attention. It was a HAPPY DAY.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome birthday! She is getting so big, I cant believe it! The cake is amazing!

Megan said...

Looks and sounds like he had quite the birthday. He truly looks so excited. And that cake turned out way awesome...even if I don't know who Yo Gabba Gabba is ;)